Frequently Asked Questions
If you've got questions, we've got answers!
- We have a variety of cleaning methods that we employ. Steam cleaning is best suited for most residential applications. If you would like to find out more about another method, just ask.
- It’s recommended, but not required. You can never vacuum too much! Dry soil removal is an important part of carpet cleaning. Most of our residential packages include vacuuming.
- A room is an area under 200 square feet. Most living room/dining room combinations will count as 2 rooms. Some over-sized rooms may also count as 2 rooms.
- On average, it will take approximately 20 minutes per room. This time can vary greatly depending on the amount of furniture to be moved, how soiled the carpet is, and any necessary spot removal treatments
- We will move small furniture (coffee tables, dining room chairs), with all of our packages. Some customers prefer to have all furniture moved. Please understand that some items just can’t be moved (pianos, pool tables, electronics), but we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- Dry time is affected by humidity, temperature and air flow to the area. It can take anywhere between 2-6 hours for the carpet to completely dry, depending on the aforementioned variables. Using fans in any rooms cleaned and turning your air conditioning or heating system on, depending on the time of year, can help accelerate drying time. Be sure to leave the protective blocks under furniture legs and any paper used with upholstered items in place until the carpet and/or furniture is completely dry to avoid any color transfer. You may walk on your carpet immediately after cleaning, but avoid wearing street shoes, as they may re-soil your carpet. We suggest wearing clean rubber soled shoes, or clean white socks. Be especially careful when walking from damp, carpeted areas on to non-carpeted areas to avoid slipping.
- The problem results from residues being left in the carpet which attract dirt. Usually this is caused by the use of soap in the cleaning process that hasn’t been rinsed out completely by under-powered cleaning equipment. Our specially formulated solution and hot water extraction cleaning process leaves little to no residue behind to attract dirt.
- Although most spots that are removed from carpet do not reappear, some substances in carpet backing may wick to the surface after cleaning. If this happens, please contact us and we’ll take care of it right away!.
- We cannot guarantee that we will remove all spots or stains. There are substances that can permanently discolor the carpet fibers. The age of the carpet and the type of carpet fibers also plays a factor in this. The technician will notify you if there might be an issue with the removal of a spot after they complete their pre-inspection.
- This is almost always a result of improper installation of the carpet. It is very unusual for ripples to appear if the carpet was properly installed using a power-stretcher. As the carpet dries, these bubbles or ripples should start to lay flat again.
- We cannot guarantee that the cleaning will get rid of all the fleas. We usually recommend that the customer kill the adult fleas first by whichever method they prefer, this is something that a professional exterminator might be able to help with. Please keep in mind that the carpet is not the only place fleas will lay eggs, you might consider having your upholstery treated and cleaned as well as any area rugs or pet beds.
- We are happy to work with you to correct any situation that may arise. In some cases this can mean spot cleaning specific areas of concern or even completely re-cleaning the area in question. In the end, we’re not satisfied until you are.
- As the finishing touch to your thoroughly cleaned carpet and/or upholstery, specially formulated protector can be professionally applied. These products help carpet and upholstery resist soiling from dry dirt, water- and oil-based spills by wrapping each fiber in a protective coating. This extra layer gives you more time to clean up spots and spills before they soak into the fibers, helping you keep your carpet and upholstery looking its best between professional cleanings. This extra layer also decreases the chances of dry soil causing abrasions to your carpet. Additionally, it makes vacuuming and cleaning up spots easier.
- A dry soil protector comes on most new carpet from the manufacturers. This is a wear dated product and is removed over time with every day traffic. Carpet manufacturers recommend that you have this protector reapplied about once a year, and perhaps more often on heavy traffic areas.
- We use a natural bacterial enzyme action to digest organic odor sources such as vomit, feces, urine, milk, blood, etc. This product removes organic odors that it contacts. It also uses a neutralizer to give immediate relief from any odors while the enzyme is working. The key to complete removal of an odor is that this product must reach all contaminated surfaces. This includes carpet backing, pad, and in some cases, the subfloor.
- Yes, we can. We’ll test your fabric to determine which cleaning method will be the safest and most effective. That tag, or “Manufacturer Liability Code,” is required to recommend “a” cleaning method even though it may not be the most effective method for removing soil.